Rapid Vendor Payment

In accordance with the Prompt Payment Act and Department of Defense Policy, MVN is committed to paying our vendors in a timely and correct fashion. This webpage will provide you with instructions on how to complete and submit an invoice to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

Basic Instructions:

When you receive a contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, you should review the Contract Line Items (CLINs) to make sure you understand what you are required to deliver. Your invoices shall match the contract document’s CLINs so the Government can ensure that you are properly compensated for delivered items and/or services. The contract may allow for Progress Payments. If your contract allows for Progress Payments, you will submit your invoice to the District Contact. If your contract does not allow for Progress Payments, you shall submit all invoices to the paying office with a copy to the District Contact. The paying office for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is as follows:

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Finance Center
5722 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38054-5005

The regulations governing the submission of invoices are contained the Federal Acquisition Regulation and its supplements. You may review this regulation at the following link: http://www.acquisition.gov/far/

Contract Type Determines How You Will Be Paid:

If you have a contract for a supply or service, you must submit invoices for items delivered or services performed. In most cases, advance or partial payments are not authorized. Click here for more information.

If you have a contract for construction or Architect-Engineering, you are authorized for progress payments. Click here for more information.

Payment Lead Times:


In most cases, the Government will only process a payment once the goods and services have been received. Unless your contract specifically authorizes advance payment, do not submit invoices for any item until after it has been delivered and accepted by the Government.

For goods and services (except construction services), the Government will disburse funds within 30 calendar days of receipt of a proper invoice from the contractor. For construction services, the Government will disburse funds within 14 calendar days of receipt of a proper invoice from the contractor except for refunds and final payment. Refunds and final payments are disbursed within 30 calendar days.

If you are a Small Disadvantaged Business, DoD’s policy is to expedite payment. In most cases the Government will attempt to make payment after the 7 calendar day constructive acceptance period has passed.

Invoice Requirements:


The Contractor shall submit an original invoice and three copies (or electronic invoice, if authorized) to the address designated in the contract to receive invoices. An invoice must include --
(i) Name and address of the Contractor;
(ii) Invoice date and number; Period of Service
(iii) Contract number, contract line item number and, if applicable, the delivery/task order number;
(iv) Description, quantity, unit of measure, unit price and extended price of the items delivered;
(v) Shipping number and date of shipment, including the bill of lading number and weight of shipment if shipped on Government bill of lading;
(vi) Terms of any discount for prompt payment offered;
(vii) Name and address of official to whom payment is to be sent;
(viii) Name, title, and phone number of person to notify in event of defective invoice; and
(ix) Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). The Contractor shall include its TIN on the invoice only if required elsewhere in this contract.
(X) Your small business status. If you are a Small Disadvantaged Business, make sure you indicate this on the face of the invoice.

District Contacts:

The contract document will normally provide a point of contact from MVN. If the contract does not provide a specific point of contact, you should contact the Contracting Officer that signed the document to find out who is the District Contact. The District Contact is the person that is most familiar with the goods and/or services you will be providing and normally receives those items for the District.

MVN is organized into various functional offices and divisions. In most cases, you should be aware of the office your District Contact resides. If you have a question about how to submit an invoice and cannot reach your District Contact, please contact the following individuals:

Contracting Division – Joycelyn Neyland, 504-862-2865
Engineering Division – Nicki Glueck, 504-862-1848
Construction Division – Joyce Hall, 504-862-2023 (Construction Contracts)
Construction Division – Roger Gonzales, 504-862-2925 (A-E Contracts)
Operations Division – Paul Landry, 504-862-1922
Real Estate Division – Hope Fischer, 504-862-1157
Facilities – Jim Syrdal, 504-862-2008
Safety and Security – Dave Keffer, 504-862-2205