Public Notices Overview

ALL projects are sorted by issuance date. The public notices and drawings are in PDF formatted files. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC to view the files. If you don't have it, you may download it free from www.adobe.com.  

Instant Notification of New Public Notices:  Click on the green RSS button to the right to receive automatic e-mail updates. If you wish to subscribe you need an RSS app installed on your device. Please note that all web browsers do not support RSS feeds.

Viewing Notices. To view a Public Notice and its associated Drawings file (if any), click on the "Public Notice" or "Public Notice and Drawings" link and any additional links included in the attachments section. To download a file to your PC, right-click on the link, then select "Save Target As" from the menu. To view other Corps District's public notices click here,.

How to send comments. Comments can be mailed to the address appearing in the Public Notice or emailed to the Project Manager identified on the Public Notice. Comments made in reference to a Public Notice should include your name, address, and phone number as well as the permit application number identified on the Public Notice. 

Individuals or parties may request an extension of time in which to comment on the proposed work by writing to the project manager or clicking on the project manager’s name on the public notice grid on the web page.  Any request must be specific and substantively supportive of the requested extension, and received by this office prior to the end of the initial comment period.  The Branch Chief will review the request and the requestor will be promptly notified of the decision to grant or deny the request.  If granted, the time extension will be continuous to the initial comment period and, inclusive of the initial comment period, will not exceed a total of 30 calendar days.

To view issued or pending individual permits, click here.

Appeals of Jurisdictional Determinations and Proffered or Denied Permits. To view a table of administrative appeals within the Mississippi Valley Division, click here.

MVN-2013-00682-CM

Published July 15, 2013
Expiration date: 8/5/2013

NAME OF APPLICANT:  Glenn Patrick, 85225 Quality Road, Plaquemine, Louisiana 70764. 

 

LOCATION OF WORK:  On the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, Section 5, T10S-R11E, in the Lower Grand (08070300) hydrologic unit, approximately 6.7 miles southwest from Plaquemine, Louisiana, in Iberville Parish, as shown on the attached drawings. 

 

The work described below was partially completed prior to obtaining a Department of the Army permit and was in violation of Section 301 of the Clean Water Act.  All legal issues concerning the unauthorized work have since been deferred.

 

CHARACTER OF WORK:  The applicant has requested Department of the Army authorization to dredge the Gulf Intracoastal  Waterway and construct a 875- foot long sheet pile bulkhead to be backfilled with 300 cubic yards of dredged material and 4000 cubic yards of  hauled in topsoil.  Additionally constructed will be a concrete cap and wooden dock over the bulkhead with timber pile tie-backs and deadmen.  Approximately 0.56 acre of non-wetland “waters of the U.S.” will be permanently impacted and considered land reclamation.  Approximately 70% of the fill and dredging work was completed before a Corps permit was secured, leaving the remaining 30% to be completed

 

The applicant has designed the project to avoid and minimize direct and secondary adverse impacts to the maximum extent practicable.   No wetlands will be impacted and 70 % of the work has been completed, therefore no plan for the compensation of wetlands was considered

 

The applicant may be required to fully or partially restore the site to pre-project conditions if issuance of a permit is determined to be contrary to the public interest.